Monday, December 11, 2006

The greatest movie I have ever seen

I have finally watched V for Vendetta. It is, without doubt, the best movie I have ever seen. It may very well be the best movie I ever see.

This movie shows what government can do to people, and how government can rule by fear. It shows how government deceives (or tries to deceive) people, and it shows the brutality and stupidity of government.

V for Vendetta, based on a DC graphic novel by Alan Moore, shows how ideas can change the world. I do not wish to reveal too much of the plot, but I can say this: the movie shows us where we are heading, in a time of patriot acts, Guantanamo Bay, increasing surveillance, and a seemingly never-ending "war on terror", and this in the so-called "free world"... the movie is, sadly enough, prophetic.

Labels: , , , , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Tobias Struck said...

I love Alan Moore and aspecially Watchmen, and of course V is a fine movie. Politically I have my doutbts on it´ts value, though. Anarchy, I mean no state at all, would not liberate man. Who will protect your right to peace and liberty, if there´s no government and no state? V has lost his faith in justice, but would he renew his trust with a new government? No, it doesn´t seem so. Why would he otherwiswe talk about Anarchy as his bride. No state will only create a mess of different mobs fighting for controll.

6:49 PM  
Blogger Johan R. Sjöberg said...

Of course he would not. The point of being an anarchist is the urge to breathe free, and to not be stopped by any government.

Anarchy is the solution, but if you want more pro-anarchy arguments, I propose that you read some of my earlier posts, or read some David D. Friedman, Murray Rothbard, Walter Block, etc.

3:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home