Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Super size me

I watched Morgan Spurlock's documentary movie Super size me yesterday. If anyone have missed it, Super size me is Spurlock's mad experiment: for thirty days, he had three meals a day at McDonald's. He had everything on the menu at least once, and he wasn't allowed to eat or drink anywhere else than at McDonald's.

I saw this movie out of curiosity. Of course, I didn't think it would change my views on the subject much, and it didn't. Spurlock gets sick. He gains weight, his liver gets damaged, his sexlife gets worse, he gets depressed (except when he eats). The impact of his McDiet is huge. Of course, one could always question whether the documentary is sincere. However, I have no doubt that eating junk food every day is not healthy. It will do bad things to you.

The movie mentions law suits against McDonald's. Spurlock doesn't actually say whether he's for or against making McDonald's pay for making people sick. He does question their will to inform their customers, and I could agree in his criticism there. However, as Spurlock points out in the end of the movie, McDonald's is a company that makes billions of dollars, worldwide. Of course they don't want to stop making money.

It's up to you where you eat and what you eat. That is your personal responsibilty.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home